Lyft is a transportation network company based in San Francisco, California. Founded in 2012, the mobile app currently connects drivers with cars to passengers who need rides in 300 cities in the United States.
This project gives a detailed analysis of the brand, its target consumer, key drivers and leverage points, pest analysis, competitors, and market positioning. It further develops a marketing strategy for the domestic market with the following objectives:
- Increase sales: Achieve revenue growth of 15% per year for the next five years.
- Increase profit: Slowly achieve profit growth of 2% per year by 2020.
- Build brand awareness: Increase application downloads and website visits by 200% in 2018 and 2019.
- Grow market share: Increase market share in the US by 5% in 2018.
- Develop new services: Launch three new products and services in the next five years.
- Expand into new markets: Provide service in a minimum of 10 more cities in the US per year for the next five years.
- Target new customers: Increase awareness targeting older generations.
- Achieve 200% application downloads from age 40 and up by 2019.